'I 'd bang my head against a wall because I felt so unattractive': Janet Jackson reveals brothers taunted her over weight

'I 'd bang my head against a wall because I felt so unattractive': Janet Jackson reveals brothers taunted her over weight - Janet Jackson has revealed she was so disgusted with her body that she would smash her head against a wall.

The singer said she felt 'unattractive' and hated her body image growing up.

Jackson said her anguish was made worse after she was taunted about her weight by her brothers, including Michael who called her derogatory names, such as 'pig', 'cow' and 'slaughter-hog'.


Body battle: Janet Jackson, pictured in November, has revealed she felt 'unattractive' during her youth
Body battle: Janet Jackson, pictured in November, has revealed she felt 'unattractive' during her youth

The singer, who has battled her weight over the years, said she grew up hating her body.

'I would literally bang my head up against the wall because I didn't feel attractive,' she said.

'There was a lot of pain in my life. But I did. I felt very unattractive.

The 44 year old star writes about her weight issues in her forthcoming autobiography called True You: A Journey to Finding and Loving Yourself.

She spoke about her problems in a interview to be aired on the Today show later this week.

Extracts from the interview were released yesterday with Jackson revealing how her body image issues were not helped by how she was treated by her brothers, including the late Michael Jackson.

The singer said they had numerous nicknames for her that included cow, horse and pig.

'It makes you laugh, it really does. It makes you laugh. I guess some people could say, "Oh that's, you know, brothers and sisters joking, it's all affection, it's all, you know, it's in a loving way,"' she said.

'But not everybody can brush it off, and I was one of those.'

Jackson, one of the most successful female recording artists of all time, said her weight problems began when she was 10 years old and asked to lose weight for a TV role.


Famous family: Janet (centre) says she was teased about her weight by her brothers
Famous family: Janet (centre) says she was teased about her weight by her brothers growing up


'I was asked to lose weight. I wasn't a heavy kid on the show but I was 10 years old and developing very quickly so they would put gauze around my chest to make me smaller, and I think that has an effect on you as a child as if who you are isn't good enough,' she said.

Jackson, the youngest of the famous singing family, has previously admitted to being a emotional eater.

In 2007 she piled on 60lbs from overeating, but later lost the weight from a punishing exercise regime and nutrition regime.

Jackson put on the weight after disappearing from public view following the 'Nipplegate' scandal at the 2006 Super Bowl.

The singer caused outrage after a wardrobe malfunction when Justin Timberlake peeled back her top to reveal a star covered nipple. ( dailymail.co.uk )

No comments:

Post a Comment